SUCCESS: Clay & Coffee: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on March 24th, 2019 from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m

Our brand new Skutt kiln has arrived! Let’s celebrate!

Please join us at the next Clay & Coffee on March 24, 2019 from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. We will start the festivities by giving the Ceramics area a deep clean, reorganizing and rearranging the space, and prepping the kiln for it’s first firing. There will be plenty of volunteer opportunities!

We will be moving in progress pieces starting at 3:00 p.m. If you you would like to move your own in progress pieces, please be present no later than that time. If you can not attend, volunteers will move your pieces as carefully as they can.

The ribbon cutting ceremony will begin at 5:00 p.m and we will celebrate with coffee and snacks. Please bring snacks to share! Hope to see you there!

Clay&Coffee Flyers March.pdf (3.5 MB)

5 Likes

And a special thanks to everyone who participated in the precleaning yesterday. The floors look amazing! The space wouldn’t be the same without you.

5 Likes

Just a reminder that the deep clean for Clay & Coffee will be going on tomorrow from2:00-6:00 p.m. and will end with a ribbon cutting ceremony with coffee and snacks. Hope to see everyone there :slight_smile:

I would like to personally thank everyone that came to the Clay & Coffee deep clean and ribbon cutting ceremony today. There was an amazing turn out and we were able to accomplish everything on the agenda. Bats and ware boards got washed, the wheels were wiped down, we built a new shelf, wiped down the existing shelves, reorganized the shelves to make more sense with the ceramics process, put up signs to reflect what pieces go on the the reorganized shelves, checked the dates of in progress pieces, grinded kiln shelves, kiln washed the shelves, cleared the space of personal items, wiped down the cabinets, dumped out the clay bucket, changed the bag in the clay trap, sweeped and mopped the floors, cleaned all the throwing tools, wiped down the wedging tables, replaced the table cloth. None of this could have possibly been done without the help of every volunteer that showed up today, so thank you. And a bigger thank you to everyone who brought snacks to celebrate!

Monika, Madison, Johnny, Jill and Helen, Alicia, Liam, Ashley, Lili, Dallas, Michael, Clark, Diana, Steve and April, Susan and Mimi, and Jenny.

These volunteers are rockstars! I hope I didn’t forget anyone. But, if you were there and I forgot to add you to the list above, CALL ME OUT BECAUSE YOU DESERVE TO BE RECOGNIZED!

10 Likes