Classes remotely or in person?

I’ll get the membership and see you Friday

I’m in need of 1:1 class again, too. Been too long since I used the lasers. My work/on call schedule is weird, so I may have issues actually getting into a formal class

Turns out I’m off work Friday too - I can meet any time that works for y’all.

Apologies everyone for the delay; I should be in this evening. I’ll start a thread with @tomcochran, @Rodney, and @lorcointx to see if people can swing in today

If I’m missing anyone else that’s free today let me know.

Hey @hon1nbo Jim! - yikes, it looks like I juuust missed this conversation. I am new, and looking forward to laser cutting. I have a few projects I am hoping to get started on, as I have them drafted in adobe. Yet, I am hoping to get oriented with the equipment prior to using. Might you be open to train again tomorrow, or sometime this coming week? - anytime that works for you?

I’m not sure how busy Jim is, but we should have a couple more people approved to teach laser classes next week. One of them might be willing to put a class up on the schedule then.

1 Like

Hey @michaelb Michael - Fantastic! I am looking forward to cut mirrored and colored plexiglass acrylic - if this information is helpful. I can’t wait.

I had talked to Jim and he said that he ran a lot of classes prior. I was late and missed the session where he was willing to go through a training and sign me off. Is there anytime this week you would be available to help me, or would you rather I just go back to the forum and ask someone else?

I wouldn’t be able to train you until next week. We will have some new teachers certified after Wednesday so you might have better luck then.

1 Like

@nquiremuse @Rodney my wife and I are also trying to get trained on Laser, we should get a group and get trained together

hopefully :pray: that would be sweet if anyone’s available to do a small group of 1-3 people for a laser orientation this week or weekend

1 Like

@adil @nquiremuse @Rodney @tomcochran @hodge1971

I’m available on Saturday. However, I’m trying to limit to 3 students in each class due to circumstanes. Do all of you still need training?

@hodge1971 I believe will be 3 people alone.

What times on Saturday are best for everyone? I can try and stack them, or maybe we can do a chunk of it in Interactive before going machine-side in stages

-Jim

If possible, although my youngest had an allergic reaction to something unknown at present so he’s stuck inside for today with hives. Not sure if he’ll be 100% by tomorrow. If there’s only room for one I’ll let my oldest attend.m; just let me know. Thanks for reaching out.

Thank you,

Will Hodge

Thanks for following up @hon1nbo!

@hodge1971 & his family take priority, but if there’s room for me and wife, we’re available on Saturday (tomorrow, 7/11) from 11am - 2pm.

If circumstances allow, we’d love to join.

I’m available anytime tomorrow - just let me know when. I’ll probably be up there working on my truck anyway.

EDIT: Just got called into work for a rush job, but I’ll probably be free after 3 or so.

Awesome - Thank you so much Jim! I am open to attend anytime on Saturday (except 10AM - 11AM, unavailable).

Alright everyone, I’ve got a big hodge podge of answers and no answers from others and a lot of tasks to accomplish outside of these classes

so I’m going to do two slots: 1-2:30 and 4-5:30

it’s an ad-hoc class so users of the lasers would have priority if someone is there first.

1 Like

Awesome! My wife and I will plan to be there at 1pm.

If capacity doesn’t allow for us (because others who requested first plan to attend), please let us know.

Classes are limited to 3 students; will be first to show

1 Like

Thanks for the update, I will look forward to seeing you at 1 PM!