Class Request: Glass slumping

Hi!

I’m a new member looking to dive into glass works. I’m especially interested in slumping but I’m honestly excited to learn about anything in the glass working area. Will anyone be doing any trainings or classes soon? I can bring materials and/or pay you for your time. :slight_smile:

Thanks! :sparkles:

There’s a microwave fusing class on 10/27. While the microwaves only make small pieces, it can be an introduction to the craziness that is fusible glass. Beyond that, there will be a glass bottle slumping class in November sometime.

Other than that, keep an eye out for @meanbaby 's weekend course set, where she teaches fusing, slumping, bottle slumping, and enamel painting all in one weekend. When she has time, of course.

1 Like

@dryad2b usually has the slumping classes going, I’m going to have some stained glass classes up soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding! I saw that 10/26 class, but it is full at the moment. I’m keeping an eye on it to see if any spots open up!

I’ll definitely get myself prepped with YouTube and skillshare as much as possible in preparation for November classes. :raised_hands:

The weekend course sounds super cool as well :star_struck: I’ll be keeping my schedule flexible for that :pray:

Awesome! I got to see some fun stained glass projects during my tour and that area seems very fun to learn about :slight_smile:

Ah. I hadn’t looked directly at the Calendar. Check on it again closer to the time. Our current glitch with the Calendar is that it doesn’t reset the “Full” tag if people cancel. It’ll say Full, and when you click through there will be spots available. Not right now – folks haven’t yet realized that they’ve got conflicts.

I check on it myself the day before to see if I need to promote it to get a full class.

I am also interested in glass slumping classes. It’s a good excuse to drink some wine!

1 Like

Message me your phone number and I’ll text you when the next fusing classes are going to go up. I’ve had a lot of unexpected family issues and traveling so I have had to delay getting kiln classes up.

2 Likes