Class Registering

Is there a way to sign up to classes marked as full and be notified in case someone cancels at the last minute.
I’m considering signing up this week with intentions on using the laser machine but it looks like the next open class is until the middle of September.

Let me know,

Thank you

The calendar system doesn’t (yet) support that feature… It has been requested many times and is on the list of upgrades.

You can show up and hope to “fly standby” in case someone doesn’t show up for the class.

4 Likes

Ok, thank you.

Here is a follow up question.
Since I won’t be able to use the laser printer until I take the class how likely will it be for some one to cut something for me if I ask in the forum.

Thank you

Pretty likely someone can help you out. What do you need cut and by when?

3 Likes

Just want to mentioned this in case it was not suggested during DMS orientation.
For classes that are full, you should check frequently up until the day the class it’s taking place to see if An open space has become available. Some times people who register are unable to make it which is good for those who didn’t got a chance to register.

I don’t know if teachers are able to add additional spots for people who show up on the day of the class but this is one way to get training sooner.

Contact the instructor, it varies by instructor and type of classes.

Many of hands-on classes that take 2.5-3.0+ hrs usually don’t allow extra students. Typically each additional student adds 20 minutes to the class. There is also the issue of not being able to see.

2 Likes

Go it.

Quick question, how do I go about getting the instructor’s contact information?
Under the calendar page I see the name of the host which I’m assuming is the instructor but you cannot click on the name to send him/her a message.

I want to contact Jeff Courtan and Brady Pamplin to see if I can join their upcoming classes

Wood shop - 9-03-17 tomorrow at 4PM
Plasma cutter - 9-06-17 Wednesday at 7PM

Thank you

You can try to @<name> them here if they are active on talk. Jeff is @jlcourtman and Brady is @bpamplin.

You can use the search function in the upper right corner to find users.

4 Likes

you can also open the “users” screen from the “hamburger” next to your avatar, and search there. If their name is part of their profile, it’ll find it.

3 Likes

My PlasmaCAM classes for Sep 6 & 11 are currently full. As has been mentioned, check often because changes happen. @jast shows an opening on 18th. I will be posting a class for the next week. We only allow six folks due to the shop time required. Showing up and hoping for a no show is an option but with small classes, the odds are not great.

The good news is that three people who are qualified to use the tool will be sitting in my next classes with plans to start teaching. (Sitting in a class is only for those who are qualified and plan to teach.)

Thanks for your interest and hope you find a class soon!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

While you are waiting try to take some other classes, Check out
the Inspire classes that Kee is giving, Wonderful classes

2 Likes

Two are in review before release to calendar.:

2 Likes

@Photomancer - I would like to sit in on your class if its ok. I went to two of @jast classes before I started teaching. Seems worthwhile to see how others do it. I’ve now done four and still trying to improve.

I attended your Sherline mill class. It will be interesting to see how someone who is so very concerned about every little 0.001" presents the plasma cutter. :smile:

You’re welcome to sit in, but it will be the first time I will have taught it.

Uuuum, PlasmaCam is not quite as exact as the Mill … but it cuts things a lot faster, especially in steel and complex curves. It’s great at what it does. It’s actually very good for fit-up of pieces for welding. I think we tend to do more decorative cuts.

See you there - sounds like fun!

Thank you all for the feedback