Class No-Shows (most un-excellent!)

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. If an instructor is going to operate in the negative to teach a class and they are among the 80% who need the honorarium to teach you either happily accept they will be canceling or find a way to get them the honorarium

Agreed we just don’t have that in place. Obviously the teirs will need to be voted on separately

You’ve missed the point entirely

I would add a third contributor: Offered at a bad time. E.g. 3PM-5PM weekdays is too late for second shift people, too early for first shift, and “screw that” I’m not fighting rush hour traffic".

I know When I first started teaching Daymaker classes, the sign-up rate was much faster for when they started at 11AM than Noon. When I asked students about it, most were 2nd second shift and would be pressed for time or the people didn’t want to hit rush hour traffic for the later starting class going home.

Weekdays, 7PM seems to be the sweet spot for people being able to make it.

6 Likes

I didn’t know canceling a no show was possible, thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

Re daymaker times
Thx! Glad you mentioned this. I’ve been meaning to ask you good hours since you do daymakers and I’ve been wanting to do some. I’ll keep that in mind for the next ones I schedule.

1 Like

11AM also gets them out of morning traffic, is before lunch. How long the class is also makes a difference - the ones I teach tend to be 3-3.5 hours.

But I’d still recommend 11AM as the preferred time since even a 2 hour class will take them until 1PM, but still gets them out well before afternoon traffic.

4 Likes