Class added - Patent and Intellectual Property

This is the second class / discussion in a series that will run for several months. This second class will look at the topics of protecting your Intellectual Property.

Joining me to do most of the presenting for this topic will be John Lindsey, a DMS member. John is a registered patent attorney with a technical background in chemistry, software, and light electronics who practices exclusively in intellectual property matters. In software, he was an engineer and developer. In chemistry, he has a degree. In electronics, he has designed circuits and is a pending inventor in the automotive signaling electronics field. He counsels clients in the legal aspects of analysis, protection, and commercialization of intellectual property in invention, branding, and content matters through application of patent, copyright, and trademark law.

If you have specific knowledge or expertise that you think would be helpful on any of the topics, please contact me in advance to see how we can work together on the content. Examples often tell the best stories so bring your success stories and your mistakes so we can all learn together.

Future Session topics will be determined based on feedback and interest but will likely include:

1. Funding your company / product
  2. Accessing sales channels
  3. Promotion and Packaging
  4. Social Media and Adwords
  5. From Prototype to Production – how to build in scale
  6. Other topics as desired

I have set aside an hour and a half for the class/discussion but if more time is needed we can adjust it in the future classes.

A little bit about me and why I’m doing this class - I currently serve as President and CEO of Sigmetrix, a mid-sized mechanical engineering software company based in McKinney. I am an accredited investor and serve on the board of the North Texas Angel Network where I sees hundreds of pitches each year from entrepreneurs and inventors that are looking for funding. The discussion in these classes are to help form some ideas for an article series I am writing so I would very much appreciate questions and discussion.

7 Likes

Just signed up for it. Thanks again.

Crapola. Can’t make this one.
Enjoy, those who can. The first session was quite good!

(Checking to make sure I can’t fenagle it)

Will this include a discussion on copyright?

1 Like

Yes. But not exhaustive. It will be an hour and include discussion of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets.

2 Likes

I think I need it, since I now have logo to protect

5 spots left for this class for open registration. If you attended the first class and can’t register, contact me and I’ll try to accommodate.

Any chance there are upcoming classes for patent/trademark? I would love to learn about the process!

1 Like

I would like to participate in some IP discussion as well!