CLAIMED *** Free 1/4" thick plexiglass, 76" x 47"

Free for pickup from my work. Committees get priority.

Minor scratches on surface from one side having protection film removed.

I’ll take it if no one else claims it. I want to build some jewelry molds.

By “plexiglass” do you mean polycarbonate or acrylic? I need some material to finish my 3D printer’s enclosure. However I don’t think polycarbonate cuts well on the laser so it would have to be cut with a saw.

It’s horrible. We’ve alternated between banning it entirely and banning anything over 1/16" at DMS over the years. Emits a ton of ugly yellow smoke, burns up the material, and barely cuts. Cutting tools like drills and saws (esp a table saw) work great though. And it doesn’t crack if you get a drill within 10 feet of it like acrylic.

1 Like

Yeah I have always just cut it on a bandsaw.

I could use a piece that big for a large front door/window on the CNC router enclosure I am hoping to build in the coming weeks. Needing a piece about 36x60. Also will have side window so I can see into the enclosure from the computer station on the cabinet next to it. CNC router covers most of a 3’ x 5’ table.

I don’t need or want the entire piece, but a 2’ x 2’ piece would be great. @Shawn_Christian do you think you could cut up what you need and let me have the scraps?

Should be able to do that. I am on vacation starting Wednesday and can pick up prior to the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend.