[CLAIMED] Collection of Science Probe Magazines Looking for a good home

I have a collection of Science Probe Magazines looking for a good home. This magazine was published by Forrest Mims in the early 1990’s and was geared toward encouraging Amateur Science.

The issues I have are:

April 1991
July 1991
October 1991
January 1992
April 1992
July 1992
November 1992

These magazines are free to a good home.

6 Likes

I am interested in the magazines. I grew up learning electronics from the Forrest Mims books he also wrote. Am curious to see his amateur science articles.

You got them. I may be by this evening and will bring them. If not, I will be around tomorrow. If I don’t see you, I will place them in my personal storage box.

If @Shawn_Christian doesn’t get them then I’ll be glad to scan them and put the copies up on archive.org and the VCC library.

2 Likes

Even if Shawn now has them, I think scanning them for preservation is an excellent idea!

5 Likes

agreed. I have access to several typed of scanners so if anyone is wanting to preserve media, literature, and/or prodicials not already in the way back machine then let’s schedule a time to meet up

3 Likes

@denzuko and @zmetzing, If either of you want to scan and archive the magazines I will bring them back in so they can be scanned. I just started reading through the first one last night.

I do have a large quantity of other magazines that might be of interest to archive. Mainly old electronics/DIY, homesteading/gardening, and coin-op gaming magazines.

3 Likes

Glad to! I’ll bring by some of my equipment and we can start in batches. When’s a good day on the weekend for you?

2 Likes