Civic Hacking Meeting: Wed. 1/21 @ 7 PM

Now that the holidays are over, it’s time for Civic Hacking to get back into the swing of things. bcWorkshop is ready to rekindle our partnership to finish the neighborhood naming app (tentatively called “YouzAt”, where users can help redefine antiquated neighborhood boundaries for planning purposes) and possibly move onto the next project.

We would also like to welcome any new members interested in using open data, Web maps, GIS, or other technologies for the purpose of learning about regions, aggregating data, and/or highlighting trends, so that we can make useful applications that disseminate or shed light on useful information beneficial to citizens & community planners alike. If you have soft skills, and especially if you’ve worked for or partnered with any level of government before or presently, we’d like to get to know you as well.

If you would like to attend the committee meeting within the next week, please fill out the following survey so that I can find the optimal date/time:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PpVcm9oZYNcavp4di2TSovXPJ1TSptCK4vhFZ_ZFtUQ/viewform?usp=send_form

Thanks,
Stephen Wylie
Civic Hacking Cmte Chair

Based on the poll responses, I have selected:

Wednesday, January 21 @ 7 PM

as our next Civic Hacking meeting time. I hope to see you all there, and maybe afterward, we can help with the preparation for the Grand Opening!

I will camp out in the front room to await participants & DMS guests who may wish to attend, and then we will migrate into another area (possibly the vinyl cutter room).

Thanks,
Stephen