Circuit theory courses and thoughts?

Hi everyone. Formally joined yesterday. I’d like to give back through maybe teaching or guiding some fundamental electronic circuit theory courses maybe starting 2 months from now or so. Of course before committing I need to do some “homework” to make sure I am properly conveying the topics discussed. I was thinking maybe we could start with super basics and work our way down.

1. What is voltage and current (electric fundamentals)
  2. Series and parallel circuits
  3. DC network analysis( kirchoff’s voltage and current law move into basic nodal and/or mesh analysis)
  4. capacitors and inductors
  5. OPAMPS (break this down a bit)
  6. introduction to digital (talk about gates, logic, etc).

Would there be any interest in teaching a course series with these kinds of topics? My approach would be from a perspective of having zero knowledge. Thank you!

4 Likes

For a brief period we had electronics lab - basic electronic theory. An hour or two for people to visit and ask questions. Kinda of turned into can you fix my VCR?

I’ve taken courses like this before, but it’s been so many years, I’d love something to bring me back up because I don’t remember any of it.

I think that’s cool but that not necessarily what I had in mind. I was thinking of something more theory oriented so someone could create a circuit, do some basic hand calculations and then verify in spice or something similar. Of course nothing too crazy. :slight_smile:

I am looking for this exact thing. I would love something like this.

Our family of 4 is interested.

Well this was more interest than I expected lol. I think what I will do is start creating some lecture material and set up an initial class as a very intro level. If others have requests please keep posting here so I know what to look into. Thank you.

1 Like

Another interested party

id be interested, are you the one teaching the power supply class as well?

No separate entities. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be interested as well. I don’t have much experience in this area. I took all this in college, but I wasn’t interested then. Now I am working with circuits in my free time and I need to go back to the basics sometimes. I got up this forum all the time for basic advice.

Alright all. Let me work to finish an outline of topics/assigned classes and publish it here. If it looks interesting enough I’ll start creating content and schedule a class to start out. Thanks for your comments.