Cintiq 16 Questions

Does anyone at the space own / use a Wacom Cintiq 16 that I could talk to? I am interested in purchasing one and would like to ask about a few things first.

Hi! I used to have Wacom Cintiq 16 for work and now have a 22 for work and 24 for home, what do you want to know?

1 Like

I have owned 2 cintiq 16s and one 22, and at this point, I would recommend huion for the return on investment, the patent that made Wacom so good expired not long ago allowing for other companies to bring in the same sensitivity.

Wacom has lost the edge and with almost nothing to justify the 3x cost of a huion now and no buttons vs the huions 20 button and 2 sliders, i can’t recommend Wacom anymore.

I own two huion 24 kamvases now.

vs

also to compare the 16 models

https://store.huion.com/products/kamvas-pro-16?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjo2JBhCRARIsAFG667XuCXhQjymlWaF5kKFkDm92vaON3oBwWazERrAdmf6eOcCOHYwix5QaAjRbEALw_wcB

again with the stark lack of buttons or input for form over function.

1 Like

I recommend checking out Brad Colbow on YouTube.

He does quality reviews and compares all of the main brands of monitor tablets.

I personally ended up going with a XP Pen, but Huion is a dead heat with them. Cintiq is good but at this point overpriced, IMO.

I have the XP-Pen monitors as well. Seems to be nice hardware - well beyond my current artistic ability.

Hi, can you tell me if the Huion has a textured screen? I played with a Wacom Cintiq 16 for a few days and it seemed as though the texture became smoother after a day or two. Is this normal? Does this happen with the Huion?

When I read this thread and see words like Huion and Cintiq, I’m reminded of this…

1 Like

nope no smoothing issues just make sure to check that it has the glass screen, I use to rave about Cintiq but left as quality fell away from price.

Laminated glass screen is best, almost totally eliminates the offset between where you place the pen and the actual drawing point.