Christmas Ornaments with Dye Sub

I will be hosting an event on December 10th in the CA studio where we will be making custom Christmas ornaments. It starts at noon and runs until 5pm, or we run out of ornaments. No need to register, just show up. Bring the kids!

I’ll have some pre-printed designs that can be used for the back of the ornaments, if you don’t want both sides custom. You can bring in digital photos or artwork, or bring something that we can scan to print on them. I’ll even have some paper templates that you can use to create something on-the-fly for us to scan.

I’m bringing 120 ornaments in 4 different styles (30 of each) that will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. The ornaments are all two-sided aluminum ornaments. I’ll have ornaments that are round, bell, heart, and tree shaped. My wife and I will be there to help with the printing and pressing, so you don’t even need to have taken the Dye Sub 101 class to make ornaments.

Hope to see you there!

5 Likes

Do you have an example of one you could post?

How Neat ~ THANKS @CaryF300!!!

How much will each ornament cost? Is it safe to assume that there will be a limit per person?

Thanks again!!!
:smiley:

This sounds awesome!

The ornaments will be $5 each. These are the shapes that I will have available at the event, Round (2-3/4"), Tree (3.95" x 3.38"), Star (3.98" x 3.81"), and Heart (3" x 2.87"):

4 Likes

This looks awesome! My partner Chuck took Dye Sub 101 recently and came back with some fantastic-looking items. I’d like to make ornaments with you all, as well as take the next 101 class.

2 Likes

Just pushing this up. This is a great little gift for a few people - going on tomorrow.

I’m hoping to be really busy tomorrow making ornaments, and I’d love to see all of your smiling face tomorrow.

1 Like

We will be there. Looking forward to it. Just need to find a suitable picture.

1 Like

If people are in the picture, make sure that there is plenty of open space around them. It makes it easier to work with. If the top of a head is right at the top of the image, it means that we have to be much more creative with our image placement, and add borders and such to keep the ornament’s hole out of the person’s head.

2 Likes

Are there any downloadable templates that we can use to have our photos/artwork already “right” ahead of time? :slight_smile:

This was a wonderful event! Many thanks to @CaryF300 and Donetta for doing this!

In case you didn’t know, a portion of the costs (all of the “profit”, so to speak) went to CA.

1 Like

Thanks for making some beautiful and personalized gifts for family!

1 Like

Absolutely thank you for doing this @CaryF300. We will have ornaments to torture my kids when they get older.

1 Like