Chicken Costume Contest 5/4/19 - Denton

Because I know you needed this in your life…a chicken palooza!

https://www.dandldenton.com/chick-rsvp

Chicken Contests Your Chicken Can Enter:
Best Dressed
Funkiest Chicken
Prettiest Hen
Most Handsome Rooster
Biggest Hen
Smallest Hen
Biggest Rooster
Smallest Rooster
Biggest Egg
Smallest Egg
Most Talented Hen
Most Talented Rooster

Looks like fun to me.

1 Like

I never cease to be amazed at the interesting and eccentric things that you find!

4 Likes

Interesting Chicken Story. Most Unusual Chicken Award.

Years ago my brother was a Diet Nutritionist at a commercial Egg Farm in Ohio where they had over 2 Million chickens. They found 2 baby chicks that each had 4 legs. They gave those chicks to the Veterinarian who presented them to the School of Agriculture at the Ohio State University. Their skeletons are on display to this very day. One chicken had full use of all 4 legs, the other chicken had the legs sticking out the rear and not being used.

4 Likes

My stepdad used to tell a story from his youth where he and a friend walked along the railroad tracks and took all the liquor bottles found and drained the last drops into one and poured it down the gullet of his dad’s prized rooster. :slight_smile:

That thing staggered around the yard all evening trying to strut and trying to belt out slurred cock-a-doodle-doos and the next morning was dragging ass like it had the world’s worst hangover. His dad was furious and he never admitted to what he had done, but would laugh and laugh as he talked about that rooster trying to crow. :smiley:

1 Like

Did they have an egg costume contest for Easter? If so, at least on the calendar, the egg came before the chicken…

i wonder if there’s anyone there at ohio university that could do a 3d scan. I’d love to try and print those guys.

I’ll check in with my brother and see if he still has a contact there at the University. Check their website at https://www.osu.edu/. One would think that a 3D scan already exists and the information should be available to the public.

1 Like

Says the woman who started in aerospace and is now rocking everything she touches. Pashaw

1 Like