Checking interest in donating a leather sewing machine

This is a hand crank leather sewing machine. Much harder to hurt yourself / break it so it’d be a great item to let people use with minimal training. Amazon recently got flooded with them when a couple Chinese shoe factories offloaded their inventory.

I bought it a year ago and I’ve had a hard time motivating myself to setting it up but if I leave it in the leather area maybe someone a bit more handy can follow the youtube instructions to make a wood base + set it up.

And /or if i leave it there I’ll be way more likely to set up the wood base etc since the amount of effort to haul this hunk of iron would be greatly reduced.

2 Likes

Hmmm… (and some characters)

That looks like a fun machine to watch, I’ll make a base for it.

I’ve looked at them and would like to set that up.Try before buy…

There’s some interest, so yes.

alright thank you guys! I will respond once i’ve made a drop off.

2 Likes

alright, after 3 weeks of back to back covid scares I dropped off the thing, its right next to the Thor and clearly labelled. Needs to have a wood base made for it. instructions can be found in the youtube video posted in OP. Otherwise it should work with minimal setup.

6 Likes

This is great. I hope someone can get it mounted for setup.

I’ll stop in today, 6pm ish and see what I can do.

1 Like

I think i’ll like, intend to loan it for like a couple years? If it takes off I’ll consider donating it permanently.

it seems the ideal set up is to build a wood support for it with a cutaway for the wheel and then set it on a cheap sturdy table.

1 Like

If we’re here at the same time, we can chat. @JohnK (who almost never reads Talk) has started a table that he’s planning on bolting the machine to. If it needs a cut-out, the top board is sturdy enough to do that. Right now it’s a tripod because he didn’t have enough wood hanging around for the 4th leg, plus we were talking about some additional bracing, just for more strength.

2 Likes

you’re typically there on my schedule, i’ll say hi next time we can chit chat a bit more than usual!

i might be due in there tonight, not 100 percent just yet :slight_smile:

1 Like