Checking Interest for a Cosplay SIG

Sorry, just realized March 17 is St. Paddy’s. Either that Saturday or Sunday would be good though. Calendar is pretty open right now

1 Like

True, St Paddy’s will make more people busy both Friday and Saturday evenings i’m sure.

How does Sunday afternoon sound, around 4pm. Hopefully everyone’s hangover should be simmering down by then

Edit: I spoke too soon. Sunday that weekend doesn’t work for me after all :frowning:

4pm on Sunday sounds good to me!

Ok folks, I added an event to the calendar for our first cosplay SIG on Sunday 19th March, 4pm.

I hope everyone interested can make it!

1 Like

Sounds fun! I’ll try to be there. I don’t usually cosplay myself but I frequently find myself building costumes for other people, and for films. Excited to meet up with others of a similar mind!

1 Like

I think this will or can easily encompass all genre’s of costuming:

• Cosplay
  • Punks
  • LARP
  • Re-enactors
  • SCA/Refaire
  • Proping

All are just variations on theme of using pretty much the same skills.

1 Like

I’d be interested, Olive and I totally won all the contests last halloween and I didn’t even get to finish my laser musket or laser pistol…

1 Like

Olive? Don’t you mean Dogmeat? Lol great team cosplay!!

Machine Shop will be expanding our plastics machining and cutting capabilities. Which should be a plus to this SIG.

5 Likes

May I suggest that we plan a cosplay fashion show at some time?

1 Like

Just a reminder to add the meeting to your calendars!

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/1893

:wink: :smiley:

1 Like

Another reminder that we have our initial Cosplay SIG meet and greet this Sunday (19th) evening for anyone interested in the group!!

Hope to see you there :slight_smile:

2 Likes