Check Engine Light on my Silverado

This has probably been asked before by do we have an OBD meter at DMS that will read the CHECK ENGINE SOON codes on my Sliverado pickup? It just came on today. I’ve looked at all of the possibilities/codes and before I go changing O2 sensors and the like I wanted to get the exact code.

The truck is a 2010 model and starting to show signs of being rode-hard-and-put-up-wet. I’ve been regular with ordinary maintenance, but it only has 70,000 miles on it so it should have a lot more life left in it.

Thoughts for all of you auto mechanic types out there.

We have a couple of them. A simpler one that’ll just tell you the code numbers, and a nicer Autel that is essential an Android tablet and can do all sorts of fancy vehicle-specific functions.

Service Engine Soon could also be one of those weird lights that just needs to be reset. Fancy scan tool should be able to reset it

1 Like

Sorry It’s totaled. I have $500 and a 12 pack to offer.

I would recommend using the handheld orange scanner since it’s quick and straightforward if your just looking to read codes.

1 Like

I’m looking for a reason to tell my wife I need a new truck. :grinning:
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I took my truck in for an oil change and the tech ran the code. It was oil pressure low. After the oil change and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery all is well again.