Cheap oil changes & insurance coverage

Heads up. The new Meineke on Valley View is doing $9.99 oil changes for their grand opening. They are located across from the Mustang Station apartments. Jump on this before it’s too late!

1 Like

Weasel words: “Starting at…”

2 Likes

So after tax and disposal, $13.40. Still good in my opinion.

Real makers change their own oil. Wouldn’t wish one of those cheap changes on my worst enemy. Some high school kid and the worst/cheapest oil and filter then can scratch up.

Why do you choose to voice a negative opinion that is unwarranted, rather than just scrolling by? If you don’t like something, you don’t have to automatically comment…

2 Likes

I would suggest calling BEFORE taking a later model (or most any vehicle) in for an oil change and asking for specific details.

Later model vehicles require lubricants (oils) that meet certain manufacturer’s specifications and the simple fact is that plain old “all oil is the same” just isn’t true.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Seriously?

2 Likes

Some people don’t have time, or the want to do it your way. You have to accept that not everyone is you, or want to follow your beliefs. People are allowed to have opinions and options outside of your own. This is my offering to people who don’t have your opinion.

4 Likes

This is a valid point.

1 Like

Where is a commercial place known to use the proper oil for the various types of engines?

Dealerships don’t even always use the proper lubricants. The only way to be sure is to do it yourself.

2 Likes

some of us, myself included, do not know how to change our own oil. yet i can teach other life skills that im sure others do not know. telling a fish it will never amount to anything because it cant climb does not make the fishes life better.

MAYBE we should have a change your oil class at DMS… MAYBE automotive could teach how to tune your car… MAYBE we can be better?

10 Likes

3 Likes

Having been around many conversations with automotive folk, there are many that are willing to teach people how to change their oil.

Specifically, what are you asking to change at DMS and in the automotive committee?

a class might help- maybe more than just lift training. yeah ive run into many that just want to do 1 on 1 but theres so much on cars that people just dont know. to this day i still dont know how to change my back windshield wiper. i can tell you a lot about 3d printing but dont know how to change brakes… heck someone could tell me cars work by magic and i would believe them.

2 Likes

As an old lady that’s been around the block was getting cars repaired and with friends getting cars repaired, I will tell you I have seen bad oil changes from quick lube places, from major chains from dealerships and from independent garages. Some of those changes were so bad that it killed an engine. Many years ago I learned to do my own brake jobs because I couldn’t seem to get a proper brake job done in my area. I have been somewhat shocked at how few classes DMS has on how to take care of your car how to change your oil, how to check the fluids heck even how to change a tire. These are things many of us could do. I can’t now with my bad side but I would have loved to have them in the time passed.

2 Likes

Lol. I’ll roll up in my Excursion. 16 QT’s of earl for an earl change.

Jk. I change my own oil or earl. No way in hell I’d trust a shop for that.

2 Likes

@axeonos, I’ll happily help you change your windshield wiper the next time it’s needed. In fact, most auto zones will help show you how if you buy it from them.

My understanding is that there was some legal concern around classes on oil changes, brake changes, etc

1 Like

Let’s get this documented what the concern is and which statutes prohibit it, if any.

Legal concern is simply fear until it is quantified.

2 Likes