Chair Auction - Sunday @ 4pm - Cash & Carry Only

The new chairs have arrived. The old chairs must go.

REMINDER: Committee Chairs, swap chairs to your area any time up until the auction.

Sunday, August 27th at 4pm will be an opportunity to buy a chair “used at DMS”. This is a rare and limited opportunity.

Here are the rules.

1. Cash only
  2. Chairs MUST leave Sunday, immediately after the auction.
  3. Auction Style. Top bidder get to buy as many chairs as they want for their bid price per chair. Then is will go down the list of bidders. 2nd highest bidder, 3rd highest bidder, etc.

Bidding starts at $5. Bidding increments at $1.

Example
#1 bids $35
#2 bids $34
#3 bids $33

Bidder #1 wants 3 chairs so that person picks the best 3 chairs. Pays $35 x 3 or $105 cash and leaves with their chairs.

Bidder #2 wants 1 chair. They choose a chair, pay $34 cash and leave the premises with their chair.

Bidder #3 wants 10 chairs. They choose 10 chairs, pay $33 x 10 = $330 cash and leave the premises with their chairs.

If there are any leftover chairs, they will be sold off for $5.00. Cash only and chair leaves DMS immediately.

Anybody “stashing” a chair will be disqualified from buying chairs.

In a few days, the remnants will get donated or dumpsters. Depending on the quality of the remnants.

This is intended to be a quick event. If you are planning to buy more than 1 chair, know what you want. Each purchaser will only have a couple minutes to choose a chair.

Cash and Carry. Cash only. Please leave with you chair.

5 Likes

Thanks for organizing this @Diplomat!

2 Likes

So if I’m to understand this correctly, the first bidder doesn’t have to leave the premises? :wink:

Bump! This is tomorrow!

Please post this somewhere like Craigslist so it’s more likely to be seen by the public.

1 Like

For those who like the arm rests, a bunch of them had been dumped in the Interactive Classroom a long time ago. I put them out by the pile of chairs if you want to reattach them.

2 Likes

The chair auction had leftover chairs.

There are still some very nice chairs available. They are $5.00 each. Still Cash & Carry.

The clock is ticking. As soon as I get a CHAIRity organization to haul them off, they will be gone. I am hoping for sometime this week.

If I come out tomorrow Who do I pay for a chair?>

Stan or a BOD meeting.

Put cash in envelope: Amount, Who and What for. Then put in Finance Mail Box by Copier.

2 Likes

The old chairs are gone!

EXCEPT at least 1 that was in the Lecture Hall.

The purchase of the chairs off the back dock was contingent on them LEAVING the space.

If you WANT your chair. Mark it with blue tape and your name. Take it out of DMS. Let me know when it is leaving. Communicate your plan.

I will purge the space Sunday of any remaining surplus chairs.

1 Like

Please make sure to follow the proper procedures for the disposal of hazardous waste. :smile:

2 Likes

Please leave the chair in jewelry, it is a committee chair, requeseted by a teacher

1 Like

Cairenn - I know about that one. No worries.

1 Like