Certification for the table saw and other woodworking machines

I have just joined DMS and would like to sign up for a class to be certified in the the table saw and other machines in the wood shop who require certifications, but i cannot fine any event for that.

Am i looking the wrong place, if so is there someone who can guide me to where i can find and sign up for those classes :slight_smile:

Michael

1 Like

Woodshop Basics will clear you for most machines except the CNC and I think the lathe.

2 Likes

Keep an eye on the calendar for woodshop basics or woodshop 101. Most of the teachers are gone or busy with the holidays, so expect classes to start showing up in The next few weeks.

2 Likes

And I’ll just throw this out there to save a step since this could come up later :slight_smile: Once the classes start appearing on calendar, if you see them fill quickly and keep missing an opening, many have had good luck “flying standby” meaning if a class is full but you’ll be at the space, go 15-20 min early and let instructor know you’d be interested in any openings if there’s a no-show. There’s a good chance you’ll get a spot.

1 Like