Cermark use protocol?

Just want to clarify the protocol for using the Cermark.

Am I only able to access it when i’m around someone who has a key to the cabinet or during laser office hours?

I’ll have a few late work days in the coming weeks and wanted to swing by and etch some tumblers. I’m thinking it will be very late and no one will be around. Should I just invest in my own can?

Thanks!

1 Like

That was the instruction we were given last week in Laser 101.

Summoning @Team_Laser for clarification / assistance.

1 Like

You may apply Cermark during Laser Office Hours, rotary attachment classes, committee work sessions and possibly other classes taught by a committee member.

You can then etch it at your leisure.

2 Likes

Yes, due to the exorbitantly high unit price for Cermark, we offer it during scheduled classes, Office Hours, and if an authorized member of Team Laser is onsite and available to assist you. You could also schedule time in advance with an authorized member of Team Laser, provided enough advance notice is provided for someone to meet you at the Space.

2 Likes

You can also join Team Laser. Next meeting & maintenance this Sunday at 11am. :grinning:

“Very late” - you have a good chance of finding one of us.

@Corbimos. You have a great line in your member description.
“Joined the Makers Space to learn and to be part of a community.”

1 Like

I found an alternate cheap product to cermark.

The paint needs to be applied smoothly(easier when the pen is new) and is actually more forgiving on thickness than cermark. The excess does need to be removed with a solvent.

1 Like