Ceremark Availablilty?

Is Ceremark available for use? Never had a need for it and now I might so I never paid attention to it. I thought I heard it was locked up somewhere.

Sorry I don’t know if Cermark is available currently.
@hon1nbo Jim, though, has posted up some results of using Dry Moly Lube instead, with results I think he’s reasonably pleased.
I don’t know if it suits your purpose, but he might weigh in…

2 Likes

MakerSpace discontinued providing it. The spray version cannot be sprayed at DMS. There are brush on and tape versions too. I hear the brush-on is more difficult to get consistent results because it is difficult to apply evenly.

3 Likes

This is actually up in the air. It’s technically a process rather than just spraying to add colour to something. However we never got a formal clarification last I checked (that’s a @richmeyer question to see if we ever got a response on that)

I just spray the CRC dry moly lube at home and bring it to the space. Works very well but has to be run very slow.

Here’s a better result with it: Show and Tell July 2020

The first one that @jast linked to I was doing Multi-tone with it. It works, but was harder to dial in. When doing solid tone just run it at 2s/100p for best results. Every percent up is a notable difference in outcome. It’s slow but very clean and less than 1/10th the cost of CerMark (which had to be run very slow anyway, but historically I had been able to run it a bit faster but that was also the higher power tubes on the Thunders so YMMV if trying to optimise time)

3 Likes

I forgot about the Dry Moly Lube. Went to Google to see the cost of a can and saw this YouTube video doing a 1-on-1 comparison. It’s a pretty good compared to the Cermark, but a heck of a lot cheaper. :astonished:

https://youtu.be/5ziyB9EEnL8

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’ll dig around see about trying out the Dry Moly Lube.