Ceramics Master Makes Plates for Michelin Restaurants

How a Ceramics Master Makes Plates for Michelin-Starred Restaurants β€” Handmade

6 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for sharing :grinning:

1 Like

This video is one of the reasons i wanted to do ceramics and make some pieces for me to eat and drink off of. It would be cool to make a plat jig in the wood shop hard part is figuring how to rig it to work with our wheels and not tear anything up.

1 Like

I don’t think that would be too difficult if we made a plate for the wheel like the plastic ones we have that fit on the holes while on the top of that plate there would be something that would hold whatever mold a person wanted to use. Then you just create an adjustable arm that can go down on that mold. We could then use the laser to cut the acrylic blades with the various shapes.

It would be a lot of work, but I don’t think it would be hard for someone who knows CAD to design something on there to ensure everything fit and worked properly before we attempted to make the plate and mold. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

That is an awesome video!!!

1 Like

I thought it was really interesting how he addressed the need for restaurants to have consistent plates to serve their food on and yet to have them still have some markings of being homemade.

Those two competing needs were fascinating to me.

Great video - thanks for sharing!

2 Likes