Ceramics Kiln News - November 2021

Unloaded the bisque. Lots of items came out.

2 Likes

Hey guys the shelves are really full. Please come and get your stuff. There is a lot of stuff with stars on them. Don’t lose your products you worked so hard on.

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded:

Bisque unloaded with @Monikat

1 Like

Nothing new unloaded last night, however just wanted to note there’s quite a few items still on bisque shelves overflowing a little into glaze shelves.

Here is updated needs attention shelf:

2 Likes

Unloaded glaze tonight. Here is what came out. The shelves are full so please come get your babies.

4 Likes

Unloaded bisque

2 Likes

Whoever did those gingerbreads…you may be my people. I have that meme saved haha

1 Like

They are mine. I have walking dead one’s coming soon as well.

2 Likes

Hello!

I’m only temporarily in the space and not familiar with where exactly pieces should go that are ready to be bisque fired. I looked around and figured on the “in-progress Greenware” shelf but I just want to be sure because I’m going to be out of town for a while & want it to be obvious that they’re ready for the kiln while I’m gone. If anyone could please let me know, I want to make it as easy as possible for the volunteers who load :slightly_smiling_face:

Greenware ready to fire is where your items to be bisque fired should be placed. Red tape and if you are standing in front of the kiln staging shelves the left side.

Bisque unloaded, shelves are full!

Updated pic of needs attn shelf as of this evening:

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded, please come get your lovelies

1 Like

Will bisque fix be a problem for firing? That rectangular tray is mine, and I suspect the issue was that it looks like there is glaze on the edge when it’s just bisque fix. It’s been a very long time since I’ve used it so I’m not sure, I guess I just figured the BF could touch the kiln shelf… Do I need to drive up there and put it on a cookie? (admittedly the sheet is blurry but I think the first checkbox is the 'glaze issue one, if not apologies)

1 Like

Yes, when loading I could see there’s bisque fix at spots but the side looked like there was a glaze drip and not the same color as bisque fix. If it is bisque fix only should be fine. Just looked like there was a large glaze drip separate from the rest. Thanks for clarifying and I’ll see if someone can get it moved back over to the glaze shelf.

1 Like

Ah, good to know. I didn’t see one but I could have missed it or just thought it was fix that had gotten a little discolored. I definitely don’t want to mess up a shelf or anything. I might be up there today and can give it a look over. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember to label things if they are out of the ordinary so we know what you were thinking/wanting. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do so that you don’t have to come up here.

2 Likes

Bisque unloaded, shelves overflowing