Ceramics Kiln News - January 2022

Happy New Year!

Remember to follow this thread and pick up your items ASAP. If your piece has a star in it, please put the stars back in the little glass dish on the shelf.

Thank you and Happy making!

2 Likes

hi! what do the stars mean?

They mean that your pot is in the 30 days countdown, and may be due for disposal.

1 Like

To add to Beth’s info……look for the date the stars were placed in items (paper under glass jar of stars)

Remember that on ALL shelves IN the ceramics areaS, pieces are only allowed to be there for 30 days.

Glaze unloaded

1 Like

Bisque unloaded

I feel kind of silly asking this, but is there a specific way to follow a thread? Or is it just a reminder to check back regularly?

Not a silly question at all. You can follow a thread. If you see the screenshot below, underneath the latest post there’s a series of buttons. Mine says “Tracking”, but if you choose “Watching”, you should get notifications. Keep in mind though that can get congested quick though depending on questions that sometimes get brought up in the thread. So, personal choice of whatever is easiest for you.

1 Like

Thank you!

Unloaded glaze

2 Likes

Thanks for the help the other day with the slip casting @Monikat. I want to glaze the bonsai pot but have no experience with the pottery kiln or glazing. Can you or anyone assist?

1 Like

First it needs to be put on the Greenware shelves over by the kilns so that it can be bisqued.

1 Like

Will do. Thank you

@Buddhablessed1 make sure you are putting your piece on the “greenware ready to bisque”, this is the shelf we talked about on Sunday. After it is bisqued we can talk about glazing. Send me a PM

1 Like

Glaze unloaded. Lots of goodies to get.

1 Like

Unloaded bisque

1 Like

2 Likes

Bisque is ready! Shelves are full :slight_smile:

2 Likes