Ceramics Kiln News - December 2020

Starting a new topic for ceramic kiln news for December 2020.

1 Like

Bisque unloaded. Shelves are very full… please take your lovelies

1 Like

Glaze unloaded.

3 Likes

Love those crosses :two_hearts:

Bisque unloaded.

!

3 Likes

Anita!!! Stop putting chocolate in the kilns!

3 Likes

If you must, at least add some milk & marshall-mallows!

5 Likes

Lol, twas me, sorry, not sorry.

1 Like

Oops…that’s right!!! No chocolate in the kilns Anette :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fine;) Have taken the chocolate back, if anyone is in dire need, Target has it available for pick-up (and possible pick me up).

3 Likes

Glaze unloaded

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded from paragon

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hi everyone, a few days ago this large plate on the top was unloaded and I don’t know where it is or if someone mistook it for theirs? I do the swirly in the middle to know it’s mine. If you have it would be great to get it back! Thanks so much. -Lauren

1 Like

Glaze unloaded, shelves are full. I missed one picture during the unloading, middle shelf in case you don’t see your piece.

2 Likes

Bisque unloaded…be aware that the kiln did not reach a full 04 bisque.

Thank you! Can you explain what impact that may mean for our pieces for the glaze firing?

3 Likes

Here is a good article that explains bisque firing temps and why. The short story is that if you do not reach a high enough temp, the piece could suffer from faultd during the glaze fire. Pitting, crawling and poor color performance are the most common. You could roll the dice, or if it is particularly precious, you could fire it again.

5 Likes

Would this negatively affect a piece that was intended for raku? One of my pieces was is in this batch, and I may have the opportunity to raku it

Here’s my take – I don’t think that’ll affect raku. All the potentially odd things that might happen will be counteracted by the really odd things that are raku. I know we did a raku event way back when we routinely fired bisque to Cone 05, and those came through fine.

1 Like