Ceramics Kiln News - August 2022

Another run could be done and left in the kiln. o;)

Go ahead …

1 Like

Sorry!

Hey makers, this piece was found on the bisque shelf, broken, and missing a piece.

GLAAAAZZZEE unloaded! Come git yur goodies!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded….COME PICK THEM UP ASAP AS THE SHELVES ARE FULL!!!

To all Ceramics folks,

If you had an item in the last bisque load, please be aware we did not reach an 04 temp in that kiln. More than likely the kiln was approximately an 06, although we can not confirm that.

We will be adjusting the program and monitoring closely until our new elements are in.

If you want to re-fire anything in that kiln, place your item back on the to be bisque fired shelf.

Thank you, Kiln Team

2 Likes

Unloaded bisque from paragon

What is the danger of it not reaching that temp?

Mostly that it may not have fully out gassed. Some glazes are more susceptible to getting pinhole defects. I’ve mostly seen this happen with blue glazes for some reason. Also, seems to occur with darker clay bodies more often. If your piece needs to be “food safe” then I might be more concerned but if it’s just decorative or display then it’s probably not that big a deal.

Thank you!

Bisque unloaded

1 Like

Unloaded glaze

1 Like

You’ve only got the uploading – it didn’t complete the upload.

That kept happening to me earlier when I was trying to post stuff, it was acting kinda glitchy :thinking:

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded from 1222. Here are cones

Glaze unloaded……. Come get your lovelies

1 Like

Good – the leaf didn’t explode. By the time I realized the leaves were single-fire, that one was too far down to pick out.

Unloaded bisque

1 Like

Bisque unloaded, please come get your things we have very full shelves

1 Like