Ceramics gingerbread house

I was signed up for a 2:00 class-Gingerbread Houses-& it has disappeared from the schedule and is no longer showing in my events. Has the class been cancelled??

1 Like

Yes, I sent an email to everyone that had registered. Hopefully we can reschedule for next week!

Oh, Ok. Thank you!

1 Like

I am actually here in the space for the class. I did not know it was cancelled until I pulled up the calendar to see what room the class was in.

I looked yesterday and the class was still on. I am not tied to my email and don’t look at it often. I put in my phone number when I registered for the class. Is there some reason this avenue was not used to inform us of a last minute cancellation? I live near Little Elm so it is a bit of a drive to get here.

I’ll look out for the class on DMS when you reschedule.

Phone numbers can be a bit dicey. I once sent a text message to all my students. Turned out one lady had put in her landline… Naturally, there’s no notice that you were trying to hit a number that wouldn’t accept a text.

I understand Beth. My thought is If it’s a last minute cancellation, we should use all available avenues to make sure that people don’t make an unnecessary trip.

I definitely understand that unavoidable things may come up.

Maybe we should clarify when people register for a class to put their cell phone number for text messages if a class schedule or information changes.

I’m excited about the class and hope my schedule is clear when it is rescheduled.

I have to admit – that’s probably a lesson for instructors. They should put a note in saying that in case of a cancellation, they’ll be emailing attendees. That way the attendees that wouldn’t think to check their emails have a heads-up. And the note isn’t a big burden on the instructor, where figuring out Who Wants What, especially when you’ve had to cancel, could be.

1 Like