Ceramics Committee Meeting 11.2.21 and other announcements

News:

City of Arlington is auctioning off a ton of their pottery wheels and right now they are going for rediculously cheap. Thought the committee might be interested or there may be members who want their own after the committee gets first dibs.

https://www.renebates.com/a_list_m_2.php?id=78&cat=all&num=40
Thanks @IanLee for sharing this info.

For November, we’re voting on a new chair. Please comment below if you plan to run.

3 Likes

With the kilns coming back to our area soon, I don’t think we’ve got room for any more wheels. Might be cheap enough for folks with the room to buy their own, though.

1 Like

If no one else runs then I will run. I wouldn’t say it’s a “goal” but if no one else wants to I don’t mind stepping in.

2 Likes

@Bri_Gearhart said she was running for chair.

3 Likes

I need to check to see how many of the sgraffiti tools we’ve got currently. I’m considering making that my next “decorate your pottery with underglaze” class, but we’ll need to have sets of those tools.

And, for a topic of discussion, let’s talk about essential equipment repair and why committees don’t have to vote on that.

1 Like

My apologies…I forgot to post the notes for Novembers Meeting! We voted in Bri Gearhart @Bri_Gearhart as new chair of ceramics. Congratulations Bri!

Ceramics Committee Meeting 2021110221 - Dallas Makerspace

7 Likes

Congratulations Bri!

2 Likes