Ceramics Committee: Chairperson Election 9/14/18 7pm

It’s that time again! The Ceramics Committee will be electing a shiny, new Chairperson on Friday, September 14th at 7pm. Please come out to support your favored candidate or send your proxy along to make sure your voice is heard.

I’ve really enjoyed (except for when I was complaining…and, admittedly, I probably dug that too, grousing can be cathartic) the past year of working with cool people on building a bigger-stronger-faster Ceramics department and I’m looking forward to seeing fresh, new energy step into the role this next term. I highly encourage anyone interested in running to go for it, this is a great opportunity to support the committee and DMS. If anyone has any questions, just let me or any other chairpeeps know, we’ll be glad to answer questions about the gig!

If you are running, this thread is an excellent place to announce your candidacy, I’ll link to it in the calendar event and on the wiki.

8 Likes

I’ll be running.

2 Likes

Hey! My name is Brenda Morlan and on behalf of Madison Worthington and I, we would like to announce that we are running as head and vice chair of the ceramics department. As a team we believe that we can be more effective and more efficient, covering more ground and bringing new energy at a time when it is needed the most. We are more than ready to seize any opportunity and tackle the foreseeable and unforeseeable obstacles of moving into a new space. We are working on developing a stronger community within fired arts, creating a fresh and productive work environment, and inviting all of Dallas Makerspace to participate and get involved in working with clay. We both care deeply about our space and only want to see it improve. Let us share our passion with you!

3 Likes

I wanted to remind everyone to come and be a part of the Ceramics community. https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/7520

1 Like

Just a reminder to everyone. This is happening exactly at the same time as the membership meeting in interactive classroom. I hope that some of you can make it, we would love to hear what ceramics is doing and not everyone is on talk.

Also, I thought it was Fired Arts … did ya’ll change your name?

1 Like

From our Committee Report to the Membership Meeting:

“Chair Elections will be held Friday, Sept. 14 @7. We’ll knock that out first for anyone that then wants to scamper off to the membership meeting. If you would like to leave a proxy vote, I will be there early.”

I absolutely plan on keeping the meeting super short on the administrative front unless something unforeseen comes up. You can preview the agenda on the calendar listing as usual. I do hope that folks will consider shifting over to the meeting after we are finished, My hope is that we can cover our end while people are still grazing through the potluck portion next door!

1 Like

Brenda Morlan was elected as our Chairperson nominee to the Board and has been submitted for the 9/17 Board Meeting. Thank you to everyone that ran for the position and to everyone that voted!

1 Like