Ceramics Committee Chair Election December 1st

Next Ceramic Committee Meeting is December 1st.
We will be electing in a new chair person.
If you want to run, you can announce it here…or not.
This is your advance notice to start thinking if you want to run.
May the odds be ever in your favor.

6 Likes

may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor
April is funny:)
Thank you April.

2 Likes

I do my best…

5 Likes

Are Beth @dryad2b and Amanda @Synth83 the only ones running? Do you want to highlight your background, talk about your goals for the committee?

I bring my common sense, and my knowledge of ceramics. I don’t have big plans for Ceramics. My goals will be to keep a good sense of community and inclusiveness.

2 Likes

In 2001, I took a ceramics class where we made tea pots, raku pots, windchimes, and birdhouses. My teacher, Mr. Joe Morgan, who resembled a very hairy Robin Williams, would walk around the classroom barefoot and listen to Elton John. After high school, when I wasn’t working my way through cosmetology school, I was at the local Air Force base hobby shop with retired Air Force wives learning how to slip cast. I still have plates that are in good shape, despite a few decades of use. I took up ceramics again a little over a year ago but feel like the majority of my growth has been this year.
I don’t have decades of experience in ceramics like some of our amazing potters, but I have a diverse background in education, community relations, and a hunger for learning everything ceramics. I also enjoy seeing other members get excited about their pieces.
As for goals, I’d like to continue fostering the comradery that we’re known for and the sharing of knowledge.

3 Likes

I fudged my calendar and cannot make the meeting tonight but i do want to run. I will not be able to call in either. :frowning: I’m not sure why I thought it was tomorrow evening…

Ok, I can take your proxy

@coffeebean I don’t need to email you my proxy because I am coming tonight after all. See you then!

3 Likes

I appreciate it but I went ahead and gave @Monikat my proxy. Hate that I’m missing tonight. It will not happen again.

2 Likes