Ceramics Classes being added 2023

Hi All Ceramic Instructors,

Please add the classes you are posting here so that folks know what coming to the calendar.

Ceramic Peeps - Monitor this thread for upcoming classes.

1 Like

Added these classes for January

Sunday, January 29, 2023
10:00am Ceramics Beginners Hand Building 101
(Log In | Dallas Makerspace Calendar)

Monday, January 16, 2023
5:30pm Ceramics Beginners Glazing 103 - Glazing Thrown and Hand Built Bisqueware

Monday, January 9, 2023
6:30pm Ceramics 100 - Welcome to Ceramics!

1 Like

I definitely want to sign up for these, for some reason they don’t show up in my calendar.

They’re probably in the 72-hour zone. Under normal processing, the calendar has a 72 hour hold on new classes. That gives the auditors a while to consider the classes. Recently, they can also speed them up, but someone has to take action to do that. So, anywhere between now and 72 hours from when the class was posted, they’ll show up.

1 Like

And, in the time that it took me to post that, someone approved them. Go to the Calendar and do a category sort for “Ceramics”.

1 Like

You can also join our discord here if you’d like to receive notifications on your phone whenever a class is posted to the calendar.

2 Likes

Added ceramics 100 for 10am on 2/19

Also, we are having a great pottery throw down watch party at 11:30am on 2/19. Bring your own lunch style

4 Likes

Just added a ceramics 100 for Wed. March 8th 7pm

I hope to be posting more classes in March, so if you need help/ interested in learning something let me know what we need more classes of and I’ll try to accommodate.

1 Like

Added these classes today

Ceramics 100 on 3/19 at 11am
Beginner Throwing 101 on 4/2 at 11am

1 Like

3 Likes

Good morning!

I have been apart of the makerspace for a while and have doing my best to try and find a beginner 100 class that i can attend. I live quite far and my work schedule is unpredictable so ive had problems trying to schedule anything. Im mainly wanting to use the space for firing what i make at home but i still want to make sure I take care of the space as intended.

If there is any way i could possIbly work with someone to try and find a time i can take the 100 class please let me know!

I appreciate your time, thank you!

Throwing this out there in response to your inquiry, but mostly to raise general awareness; you may already know all this.
There is an online basics course here. It is out of date per this post, but still, completing demonstrates interest and willingness to work, and generates good will with others.
And the committee’s page on the wiki has a plethora of great information about the workings of the committee, so demonstrating that we’ve read it & understand the material (at least enough to ask specific questions) is demonstrative and helps build rapport.
I trust our active ceramicers will chime in with suggestions to meet this specific need.

1 Like

There are open spaces in the Ceramics 100 class on 3/19. You can register in the event calendar.

Friday Night at 7pm Ceramics Main Area is my office hours
Saturday the 18th at 1:30pm to 2:30pm on the pottery wheels is Learning to throw Small (Easter Eggs) & how to use the mini giffin grip

3 Likes

added

Sunday, April 23

11:00am Beginners Slip Casting 101 - $5.00

](Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar)

Where|Workshop - Ceramics & Jewelry Flex

1 Like

Added to calendar, pending approval:
Ceramics Orientation 100 - April 22, noon to 1:30
Ceramics Orientation 100 - May 20, noon to 1:30

3 Likes

classes aug 2023

Just wanted to post what classes I’ve got coming up this month :blush:

3 Likes

For prospective students, the classes in yellow are not yet “approved”. Although, it will probably be soon.

Okay – all these classes just showed up approved on the Discord Calendar channel, so y’all should be good to go!

Hello! I’ve got a few classes coming up you guys can be on the look out for:
Sunday Oct. 8 - Special Firing for Raku - 11AM
Sunday Oct. 8 - Pinch Pot Cat Salt Shaker - 12PM
Wednesday Oct. 11 - Basic Throwing - 7:45PM
Wednesday Oct. 18 - Manipulating Cylinders & throwing bud vases on the wheel - 7:45PM
Sunday Oct. 22 - Slip Trailing Design on tiles/ coasters - 1pm