Ceramic Kiln News - March 2021

And! If you need to make a cookie for your big/unusual-sized piece, there is some recycled clay in the Free Clay bin! That’s the one with the blue top under the table next to the Teacher’s Cabinet.

Hey Monica! Do you happen to know why the pieces on the right made it to the shelf? I could have swore they were regulation :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We put a notes with the pieces for reference.

But, from what I remember they were on the shelf for glaze pieces not the greenware ready to bisque. If you want them bisqued make sure to put them on the greenware shelves.

1 Like

Oopsie! I’ll Make sure to fix that tomorrow. Thank you!

1 Like

Appreciate you asking and not assuming :slight_smile: you’re not the first to make this mistake and not the last but hopefully this will prevent others from doing the same

1 Like

Public shame is the name of my game! :joy:

3 Likes

Nah, this is how we learn. I’ve made many mistakes. I still make mistakes. :woman_shrugging: I was told the other day that I needed to do a better job of stilting my mugs. We’re a learning place.

1 Like

Attention makers!

We have a cone 5 firing we would like to get accomplished but we do not have enough pieces to fill the kiln.

If you have glazed items you would like to try in a cone 5 firing, place them on the specialty firing shelf before the morning of 4/7.

Thank you from the kiln team!

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded… come get your pieces.
image image image image

1 Like

Unloaded the 1027 bisque. Shelves are full… the please come get your items

image image image image image image