Ceramic Kiln News- June 2023

Please follow this thread to determine if your items are ready for pick up. Please pickup your piece(s) ASAP.

If your piece has a star in it, the item is being marked for our 30-day guideline. Please put the stars back in the glass dish on the shelf after collecting your piece(s).

As a reminder there is no personal storage on our shelves or in the Ceramics space, that means bisque items should not be on the In Progress shelves. Please be mindful of other community members and use a ware board that fit the size of your piece, this will allow more room for makers to make.

If you have a piece that’s been “missing”, please double check the Needs Attention thread and shelf. Your piece will have a note attached as to why the kiln team did/can not fire, it is important that you fix the issue in order for your piece to be fired. Continuing to place your item on the shelf for firing without fixing the issue will not result in an ultimate firing of your piece.

If you need assistance or other options to achieve your desired results, please consult the wiki guidelines for firing or reach out to the community for further information.

Thank you!

1 Like

Unloaded bisque, some really nice pieces!

3 Likes

Are we still in a holding pattern for glaze firings? I’m headed out of town for the summer and was waiting to see if my last stuff from a few weeks back gets done.
Any idea on glaze firing timeline? Do we have any working glaze kilns?
Thanks!

1 Like

The Paragon is currently working. Loaded yesterday… Still on hold for the big kiln.

1 Like

The large kiln, 1222, was diagnosed and we need to make the recommended repairs and test it. Should be accomplished this coming week.

3 Likes

Unloaded the bisque from1027
IMG_7198
IMG_7199
IMG_7200
IMG_7203
IMG_7202

Unloaded glaze from paragon
IMG_7204
IMG_7205
IMG_7206
IMG_7207
IMG_7209

2 Likes

New glaze pieces are generally on the very top. Shelves are full, come get your works!

4 Likes

Unloaded glaze

1 Like

2 Likes

I didn’t get a pic of the bottom shelf. That’s the stuff I hadn’t put up yet, and here’s a representative shot of some of the other items on that shelf.

1 Like

1 Like

Pieces below are in need of care…please come check to see if any are yours

2 Likes

New glaze! Shelves are packed! lots of bisque from previous loads ready to go home too.

1 Like

FYI for kiln team.
Seeing an error on one of the kilns.

2 Likes

Thank you…a team member will look into it

Unloaded bisque! PLEASE come get your babies because these shelves are full! Especially bisque! :kissing_heart:

.Also the green bowl in the second picture above…glaze jumped off the pot…if you could help clean off the shelf that would be most awesome