Ceramic Kiln News - January 2020

Glaze out. Some especially lovely runny glazes this round.

10 Likes

Bisque was unloaded today.
image image image image image

5 Likes

Bisque unloaded and glaze in… come get your lovelies
image image image image

1 Like

Glaze unloadedimage image image image

5 Likes

Glaze unloaded last night

4 Likes

Thank you Brenda :grinning:

Omg who made that last one, the sort of wavy vase shape? It is so unbelievably beautiful! (They all are, of course–that one just hits my soul…)

If you are talking about my soap dispenser, I have already put soap in it… But if you will give a little donation to Australia, It is yours :blush:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Pure Awesomeness!!

1 Like

Ah yes, just found your fundraiser post on the Main page! I donated, but probably not enough to be worthy of such a beautiful piece of art! Hoping to make it to one of the fundraising events next week regardless…thanks for hosting!

1 Like

If you don’t mind soap in it, it is yours :blush:

1 Like

Bisque unloaded

image image image image

2 Likes

Hey guys. Gabe left his jacket by the slab roller and is one his way back to pick it up! Just a FYI.

Glaze unloaded from the 1027 and a bisque went in Fitz (paragon). Thanks Anette for coming to load.
image image image image image image

2 Likes

Cones ran in 1027 glaze, 7, 6, 5 from left to right.

3 Likes

Ran too hot.

What are you thinking for getting a more accurate cone 6. Taking the hold off? Opening the top vent?

I’ll need to do some research, I’m open to ideas and knowledge about the issue?

Over on glaze isn’t nearly as much a problem as under on bisque (IMO) and that set isn’t that much past prime. Having the guard cone really helps you to know what exactly is going on. It passed six but didn’t reach 7. I’d probably start with backing off on the hold a little bit. (That said, people rely on the holds to fix their glaze application errors so you’ll probably have to be ready with a set of sweet, perfect cones taped to the shelf and a firm conviction to fire a set schedule. :slight_smile: )

3 Likes