Ceramic Kiln News - February 2023

Please follow this thread to determine if your items are ready to pick up. Please pickup your piece(s) ASAP.

If your piece has a star in it, the item is being marked for our 30-day guideline. Please put the stars back in the glass dish on the shelf after collecting your piece(s).

As a reminder there is no personal storage on our shelves or in the Ceramics space, that means bisque items should not be on the In Progress shelves. Please be mindful of other community members and use a ware board that fits the size of your piece, this will allow more room for makers to make.

If you have a piece that’s been “missing”, please double check the Needs Attention thread and shelf.

Thank you!

3 Likes

3 Likes

And then there was this:

I took the 3 big pieces, and put them with the cookies on the shelf. The center was completely shattered. My guess (and this is just a guess) is that this one wasn’t completely dry in the center, so it just fell into pieces. The other 2 big, heavy cookies did fine. All the associated plates did fine.

5 Likes

IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ
The paragon did not reach the bisque temp for these items. We didn’t reach at least an 05. All of the items in this kiln have been put on the shelf to be refired in the next kiln.

4 Likes

Unload bisque
Uploading: B1512EB6-6B1D-46C6-9713-31420689FCEC.jpeg…
Uploading: FEA3630D-B205-42A7-9B59-F2E573A932D1.jpeg…
Uploading: 5F8BC0C6-0298-499A-AB37-1497FCC125EA.jpeg…
Processing: 74EA89A1-F4E0-404C-AAF4-D370B6541349.jpeg…
Uploading: CB59B2CE-9E18-43BD-87C7-93072809C317.jpeg…

Your pictures didn’t load. I usually wait until they say they’ve loaded before I post.

They are failing to upload. I wait til it says that it’s 100% uploaded but then nothing pops up

You won’t actually see anything until you send the message. But mine are usually a 2 line thing when they’ve fully uploaded.

6 Likes

Glaze unloaded. Please pick up your beauties shelves are full.

5 Likes

Unloaded bisque

4 Likes

3 Likes

April and I unloaded the bisque

5 Likes

Glaze unloaded….lots of goodies to pick up

1 Like

Unloaded paragon

2 Likes

Thank you so much! The DMS kiln team is awesome and handling the firings as well as our creations so beautifully. You guys are the best!!!
I do wish we could see pictures and learn from some of your amazing work as well🙏

In theory, this thread should have such info, but I see nobody has posted to it since October.

1 Like

Has anyone by chance seent my footed tumbler? I can’t find it in any pictures… it looks like this picture, except with daisies and a ruffle foot.

2 Likes

I saw it on a lower of the right-most shelf. I was admiring that double ruffle! Its beautifully made