Ceramic Kiln News - August 2021

Starting the August thread…

Remember to check the “needs attention” shelf if you can not find your piece on the shelf or in the pictures.

If you would like to join the kiln team volunteers and train to be a kiln member please let us know. Thank you, Monika

3 Likes

First glaze load of August out…… come get your lovelies

There was one mishap, little horse needed a better stand, I think.

1 Like

Whose horse is this?

Thanks @Monikat!

Unloaded bisque today.

3 Likes

Unloaded glaze

Unloaded bisque.

1 Like

FYI: while loading tonight, I left a note for the potter parent of this circle vase to confirm if they want it fired as is, or would like to fix the cracking while it’s still greenware.

Kiln was unloaded today. Come get your stuff please as the shelves are full.

2 Likes

Glaze kiln unloaded. Shelves are full. Enjoy your babies.

7 Likes

Appreciate the kiln unload, thanks!

1 Like

Has anyone seen this plate? It has the TCU horned frog on it and it should have been out of the glaze kiln by now but I cannot find it. It had a clear glaze on it

1 Like

A glaze kiln was loaded yesterday but I would also check the needs attention shelf for any kiln team questions or notes.

3 Likes

Bisque unloaded…… please come get your things

I did find my piece on the needs attention shelf! It did not have a note on it so I moved it back to the glaze shelf. If there is a problem with this piece please let me know so I can address it. There is underglaze on the foot, which should not stick and my glaze isn’t too close to the bottom of the piece so I am unsure why it was moved to this shelf with no note.

The kiln team can’t tell what’s on the bottom of your piece. In general, if there’s underglaze on the bottom, the piece should have a note to let us know that it’s not regular glaze. For this piece, your post here should be sufficient to get this fired. In the future, though, please put a note on your piece letting us know why there’s something on the bottom.

4 Likes

Noted. Thank you :slight_smile:

We have had several unglazes that do stick, many don’t but that is probably the reason why.

2 Likes