Ceramic Kiln News - April 2021

Starting April thread…Remember to label pieces on the Greenware or Glaze shelves if you have specific instructions or your piece is different than the guidelines set in the wiki.

Cone 5 firing scheduled for 4/7. If you would like to try your glazed piece in a Cone 5 firing please make sure it is on the specialty firing shelf by 4/6.

Thank you, Kiln Team

5 Likes

Here is the link to the wiki just in case.
Category:Ceramics - Dallas Makerspace

1 Like

Amy needed her mugs, so I unloaded the glaze. Bisque is still there. @Anette_Henningson – I wasn’t sure if you wanted your cookies separate, so they’re on the bottom shelf with the rest of the big cookies. @coffeebean – your big cookie is under your super-cool plate on the top shelf of glazed stuff.

3 Likes

Thanks Beth…i need that cookie for 2 more pieces. Can’t wait to see it!!!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded, the shelves are full, so if you don’t see your piece, look on the glaze shelf above.

2 Likes

***Remember to have your items for the Cone 5 firing on the specialty firing shelf by 4/6. ***

If there is not enough room…use the bottom shelf of the glaze shelf and label your piece for the Cone 5 firing

3 Likes

Unloaded bisque. Come get your pieces! The bisque shelves are packed and many pieces had to be placed up on the glaze shelves, which are also now pretty full.

1 Like

Reminder…Cone 5 will be fired in the morning tomorrow. Your pieces need to be on the shelves today please, thank you!

1 Like

Bisque unload

2 Likes

You guys are enjoying the weather and getting in summer mode early. I can tell- look at those shelves!! . We just unloaded glaze come get your stuff. I’ll be going through it this weekend and tossing items that have been here longer than 30
Days. I took a pic last month and know that which items have worn out their welcome.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ok, who glazed this plate and juicer from the last glaze load?

They were gorgeous and the kiln pic doesn’t remotely do them justice. What were the glaze layering combinations?

Why, thank you :slight_smile: it is Oatmeal over Seaweed on white stoneware :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Two things:

1. ::chef’s kiss:: Love them.
  2. Can we sweet talk you into doing a few luster classes to accommodate a mid-May 018 firing? :kissing_heart:
2 Likes

Of course :slight_smile: Has that been decided upon and everything? If so, I will put it up!

2 Likes

Yep! Luster fire is scheduled for Fri. May 7th.

I know the cone 5 has been unloaded, but alas no pictures or notice saying it has been unloaded :eyes:

Ooops, let me check, I took the pics.

Cone 5 specialty firing unloaded.

1 Like

You awesome😁

2 Likes