Ceramic clean up

To all potters at DMS…@team_ceramics
PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR MESS…this was left yesterday or this morning

AND ALWAYS WEAR YOUR MASK

5 Likes

Thanks April:(
Also, everyone please remember the clay “chunks” go in the trash, not in the sink. This is to keep the sink from clogging. Happy Friday.

7 Likes

It’s about time we start suspending individuals who are damaging and destroying our facilities thru blatant negligence. There are obvious differences between an accident (and someone who has the integrity to report and rectify accidents) as opposed to blatant abusers. Blatant abusers should be immediately suspended and financially charged all costs related to rectifying their damage!

I realize that you’re reacting based on your current disappointment in Woodshop. This is absolutely overkill for the relatively minor, and so far one-off instance being discussed here.

1 Like

I don’t think @Will1 is looking at this in a “one isolated incident” perspective. It’s generally true that lots of complacent, negligent, and/or lazy behavior gets ignored or disregarded and sorta swept under the rug via the “it’s only wafer thin” argument. On the other hand, I agree we shouldn’t react super-harsh to first-time, low-level infractions, either. But something should be done about stuff like this…remember, somebody else had to clean it all up, and…clay trap (ugghhh!).

In this case, I think the member in question should be asked to clean the clay trap out. That will give him/her a fresh perspective on cleaning up after themselves and proper clay disposal, especially as it’s probably one of the most unpleasant chores I have done around here.

3 Likes

Yes…but we are not allowed to hurt anyones feelings by calling people out…It is not hard to clean a mess up…i am tired of hearing…oh i forgot or i didnt notice i left all that clay on the table or in the sink…insert rolling eyes

2 Likes

My 2 cents…is that we find out who is leaving messes, have the conversation, ask them to clean the clay trap (thanks for the idea Marshall) and let them know that further issues will result in non use of our area for a period of time.

I bet folks won’t “forget” if we set these rules.

2 Likes

I really think April and Annette did not know who did this and they are simply saying please don’t do this again. No place do I see April the Chair and Annette the Vice Chair asking for advice on form of punishment.

Wow, the attitude here is as bad as the problem. This is a simple mess not worth a public hanging.

As GlassWorks Chair when there is an issue I find out who did it by asking others behind the scene. or rarely I have asked infrastructure to check the camera and find out that way.

A message is sent to the person or a private conversation. Never have I publicly bashed someone or debated their fate on a public forum. Always it has been a first time event with no recurrence. Peaceful approaches have worked for GlassWorks.

4 Likes