Ceramic area mural call for design!

This is a call for mural design proposals for the back wall in the ceramics area :art:

The ceramics committee will be voting June 6th and the design with the most votes will be painted later that month by the ceramics community. If you have a proposal please upload a sketch/rendering of it in this thread or bring it to the ceramics committee meeting on June 6th at 6:30pm. The only stipulation is to stick with neutral colors similar to the clay bodies we use in the space, like these:

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s ideas!

Here is my entree- colors/shades negotiable:

9 Likes

From a practical standpoint, the committee might consider using semigloss paint because it’s washable. Just sayin’ …

EDIT: There might be some type of glossy sealant you could put over the mural to make it washable.

3 Likes

I love this, can’t wait to see the results of the vote on June 6. :smiley:

4 Likes

Here’s a thought…not good at photoshop sooo…
bricks and kilns.pdf (307.5 KB)
also cannot figure out how to just show the picture :confused:

1 Like

save the product into a “picture” format, like png, jpg, gif… Here, I’ve exported it from Adobe Acrobat to png format & uploaded to this thread:

8 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Here is another design!!!

8 Likes

heres one of my neutral entries - thought something random could be fun - im open to different color palette.

8 Likes

The designs are looking great y’all! :heart_eyes:

We talked about it at the committee meeting tonight and wanted to extend the voting day to the day of the throw down- June 24. Some people expressed wanting more time, and this would allow for more time to collect all entrees and the verdict will hopefully reflect our community more, as we are anticipating a high turn out of our members for the event! Get your designs in by noon June 24! Happy making

5 Likes

Here’s one that is colorful and bright with what you can do with clay.
KILN DMS-SUBMIT SP8

Here is a more toned-down version.
KILN DMS-SUBMIT SP8b

3 Likes

Here’s one with a more neutral palette.
KILN DMS-SUBMIT SP2

3 Likes

DMS MURAL POTTERY 1

I liked sonepi’s words.

2 Likes

DMS MURAL POTTERY 3

2 Likes

Above my art level, but somehow I see each of those vent hoses as an elephants snout.

2 Likes

Love the elephants Idea, also above my art level lollll

1 Like

Thanks for all the submissions! Come vote today in the ceramics makerspace area, voting ends at 6pm!

We had a good turn out at the event yesterday and here were the tallied votes:

We will discuss and finalize everything at the next ceramics meeting, slated for Thursday July 6 at 6:30 in the front lobby. See you there!

2 Likes

Here’s the mural! Come check it out in the ceramics area. As suggested, we used a semi-gloss paint to make sure it is washable in the future.

Any additions or further suggestions can be taken in the next committee meeting December 5 :slight_smile:

16 Likes

It looks so good!!! Thank you Jamie!!!

3 Likes

:raised_hands: awesomeness!

3 Likes