Car towing from grandview

I might be buying a project turbo manual dodge neon for like $200 bucks. Its an hour south from DMS. Trying to figure out how to get it back to Dallas.

Anyone know of a cheap tow service? Should I get a car puller for the jeep?

Do you have a trailer hitch? U-Haul rents car dollies. All you need is decent enough tires on the car to tow it.

If it’s a Neon I predict changing of a head gasket in your immediate future.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to put one in but no trailer hitch right now

U-Haul can help with that too. The Lewisville location installs them.

Buy Car. Ask seller if you can park it there for a couple days.

Add to your insurance. Make sure to include towing coverage.

Next day call insurance to arrange tow.

Day after towing cancel coverage on Neon.

1 Like

Do you have AAA? You can call them if you do.

Please don’t do this.

4 Likes

Ok so. How can I get a tow hitch on the jeep? Can I weld one into the bumper. It’s attached to the frame the same way the hitch would be attached.

Like this:

Get a professional to weld on the hitch. I don’t know if you are a professional welder but if your hitch breaks on the highway the results can be deadly for people behind you.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with you. Might just take off the bumper so I can bolt on the uhaul hitch to bring the car back

If you are going to rent a U-Haul car dolly, just rent a truck at the same time.

1 Like

My RAV4 has pre-installed nuts welded to the frame for bolting into the frame so the hitch doesn’t interfere with the bumper.

Google trailer hitch installation for year and model, it may have the same pre-installed nuts.

The hitch uses the same bolts as my custom bumper and gas tank skid plate. Running out of thread with all 3 installed.

Ok the solution is borrowing a friends truck and using a uhaul car dolly. Should be $50!

Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

If I wasn’t tied up the next 5 days I’d help you with the truck part.

Get down to a Jeep dealership. There has been a recall on the WJ related to fuel tank fires. The “recommended fix” is to install a skid plate over the tank and a hitch receiver to the frame.

The only negative is that if they use an aftermarket unit, it may dramatically reduce your departure angle.