Car part discounts

Automatic rymthes with American doesn’t it?
Only my truck is an automatic…

As an FYI, The company code does work at other Oreily’s. They have to look it up.

1 Like

To be honest, if any average person were actually to give that as their reason, I’d pause, shake their hand and commend them on being a responsible car owner. Because that guy read his owners manual. “You know what fluids your owner’s manual lists as approved, sir? And you actually care? You get a gold star. Please tell all your friends to do the same.” I mean, if it’s a choice of that guy or every other average Joe/Jane, whose car would you rather be dealing with regularly? (Assuming you’re not making a profit off the guy, of course. Or maybe depending on your business model/ethics, even if you are.) It’s that guy or, “naw, I don’t really remember last time I changed my oil, maybe like a year ago give or take?” “The oil I bought said good for 10,000 miles on it when I bought it at Autozone with that free STP filter they bundled with it, I’m sure it still has a while.” “What do you mean, I have to change my brake fluid? How was I supposed to know THAT?” “Yeah, I change my oil every 3000 miles on my 2016 Corolla; that’s what you’re supposed to do, right? I’m sure of it; everyone knew that was the right interval back when I learned to drive on my dad’s 1978 Skylark.” Considering all the random derp that’s out there about vehicles, I’m okay with cheering on the few that actually RTFM. At least they’re trying!

The really funny thing is, I only skimmed through the thread the first time, and when you guys started talking about fluid and @TLAR asked what the pricing was on “your Toyo site,” my first thought was, “when did Denso start selling ATF, let alone via e-commerce ?” I was really confused for a solid 5 minutes there, and then felt sorta dumb. So maybe there is such a thing as being too used to OEM parts… :slight_smile:

1 Like

The brake fluid/water azeotrope has similar compressibility to raw brake fluid, however its boiling point is significantly reduced from over 400 degrees to slightly over 200 degrees. It also becomes more corrosive to steel lines, though it will probably take a considerable amount of time to measurably corrode Japanese galvanized steel brake lines.

Day to day, brake fluid will probably work as well no matter how old it is, but if you need to do any hard braking, you drastically increase your chance of boiling the fluid as it ages. And boiling fluid is not incompressible.

1 Like

I disagree. I have seen it first hand. All we did was bleed the brakes & all was well. His was a 2000, in 2012 is when we bled them.

1 Like

The Miata crowd likes to swap out fluids after a track day. Fresh fluid is ugly after a track day…

There are two easy ways to do it… use low air pressure to push fluid through by modifying a master cylinder cap with an air fitting or by using speed bleeders. I’m a big fan of those.

Speed bleeders are pretty awesome. I put them on all 4 corners on my RX7. Between them and a vacuum bleeder, it makes it so much less of a pain to service brakes and clutches.

how to buy parts/fluids from http://imcparts.net/?

They only take CASH as in physical money and they don’t make change - drivers probably consider them tips. If delivered to DMS you have to be there to pay for it.

So unless you can be at DMS this is not a good option. Will Call works if all the parts are at that location (they have several in DFW), otherwise some parts will be delivered. Again, CASH only in exact amount.

What are you looking for ? i.e. how may I help you?

some members are kind enough to pick up parts at will call for others as well - gotta love the networking at the DMS!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. i just want to know how to get in the website to compare prices.

I sent you a PM about this

1 Like