Car part discounts

Hi all,

Looks like my truck blew out the wheel bearings. Rather than risking bringing up to DMS I’m going to do the work in the driveway. Do we get any kind of discounts from auto parts suppliers?

Thanks.

We have a O’Reillys account code that can sometimes help with “stock room” items, and @TLAR got us a vendor for cheap fluids (oil, etc). Not sure for other parts though

Sweet!

Is there a special knock or decoder ring or just say DMS???

Thx

The account code for O’Reillys is 1901328. Check prices before and after code applied, some things are more but the discount increases with usage. Might only work at local O’Reillys?

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

We have a wholesale account with a large wholesale ONLY import parts source that will deliver to the Space during the week and on Saturdays or the parts can be picked up at their “will call” counter in Dallas (not far from the Space.

There are a few restrictions to note.
All deliveries & Will Call orders must be handled in cash only - cash not debit card, US currency only.
They charge sales tax on your parts.

Ebony, Jay, and a few others have tried it out for various items from lubricants to misc mechanical parts, timing parts, belts, cooling, etc.

Delivery is available up to 9 times a day to the Space (M-F) and up to 5 times on Saturdays. The Member or the designated person with the money must be at the Space when the delivery driver arrives (the driver will not wait for anyone - they are on a tight schedule).

4 Likes

Can you give me the info for them? Want to compare/contrast.

As an aside, I’d avoid O’Reilly parts, because they run on the same lowest-bidder scheme that Autozone does for house-brand parts, and even their very limited selection of name-brand parts seem to come from the bottom of the barrel. Tolerance? What tolerance?

Also, having worked there, let me tell you: the markups are ridiculous. The employee discount is steeper than any discount provided to third parties, and RockAuto still beats the employee discount, even with shipping included.

There was a delivery for someone last week. There wasn’t a name on the delivery. She did find a phone number, not sure if she got ahold of them or not.

Tim,

When a driver shows up and cannot find anyone, they always call my cell phone…

O’Reilly is fine for chemicals when they are on sale, or if you want generic car parts locally.

http://imcparts.net/

what does WS ATF cost on your Toyo site?

1 Like

I didn’t get any hits on the word “ws” (as it relates to ATF) or even “fluid” :frowning: (I own a Toyota for which I want to change the ATF).

Good site, though.

Let me know Year/make/model and the part you need.

Marshall,

IMC carries most (if not all) the factory spec fluids for your Toyota. In either the Toyota branded bottle or the Eneos bottle (Eneos being the folks that make the synthetic lubricants for most of the asian cars)

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-Automatic-Transmission-Standard/dp/B00CTUSEMU

1 Like

Yep…if I dismember correctly that is only one out there on Amazon. I was looking for something less expensive (cheap bastard). Found it via Tom/@TLAR. Hooray, Tom!

Also, I can;t confirm, but this post (https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/diy-full-flush-for-automatic-transmission.68462/) indicates there are other ATFs that are compatible/interchangeable with WS. I am specifically not recommending since I have no direct knowledge of it.

1 Like

Why would anyone buy that when they can buy this at a fraction of the price ($6.50 per quart)?:

Toyota doesn’t make the fluid - Eneos does.

3 Likes

It was my intention to answer the question I thought you were asking (and I KNOW I was): what is WS in this context. Answer, per that item is “World Standard”.
I was not intending to endorse the product because I have zero knowledge on Toy Yoda fluids…

I agree, but it doesn’t say right up front in big bold letters what WS means. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was my intention to answer the question I thought you were asking (and I KNOW I was)
[/quote]

I wasn’t giving you a hard time(I know where you used to work) - just pointing out that that way too many misinformed people “think” they must buy parts that only come in the respective dealer packaging to get the best parts that “fit” their vehicles…

2 Likes