Can this be 3D printed?

I’m trying to learn Fusion360. I’ve modeled this part (citrus juicer) and I wondered if it’s something that can be printed. It’s about a half inch in diameter and solid.

The base is about 1mm thick. It just looks transparent as an artifact of the Fusion display.

juicer screen shot

1 Like

Export an STL and I’ll try printing it on my resin printer. From what I can see, yeah it’ll print.

My email is my username at gmail

1 Like

Needs to be food safe plastic, especially considering how acidic citrus fruit is.

The dolls who will be using it do not care… :clown_face::

5 Likes

@John_Marlow

I printed this on my EPAX X1 at a layer height of .05mm. It took about 30 minutes to print. I used a transparent red resin, because that’s what I had loaded. It’s drying now, and when it’s fully dry I’ll cure it.

17 Likes

Oh my gosh I am so excited! That’s beyond awesome. The transparent red resin is exquisite!

4 Likes

I’ll be at DMS this weekend sometime, and I’ll leave it in my bin for you.

5 Likes

Be sure to attach it to something large enough to be seen. :rofl:

Seriously, nice!

2 Likes

Is there a lot of call for currant juice?

3 Likes

juniper berries …

2 Likes

If you had said “current juice”, I would have accused you of being redundant (i.e. someone that repeats themselves, i.e someone that says the same thing more than once). As is, it is fine. Carry on.

2 Likes

Now that it’s cured the detail on the walls shows better.

7 Likes

Awesome! You can clearly see the details if you look at the shadows.

EDIT: BTW, the penny in the original photos is a nice touch!

3 Likes

It looks just like the uranium glass stuff my grandma had. But I don’t think I ever saw red

That looks amazing, I’m glad more people are willing to help with your miniatures resin printing. Not sure the status but we should be getting an Elagoo Mars Pro for 3D fab sometime, which should have pretty similar results.

2 Likes

Between the part you printed for me, and the part that Jorge just printed for me … I think I’m hooked! Especially now that I have the ability to model at least some fairly simple parts.

This is going into a 1930’s era kitchen (vignette) - so the look is just perfect. I never envisioned it in transparent red, but it does look like something grandma would have had!

1 Like

@nicksilva An example of what can be done printing in resin.

nice

1 Like