Can someone teach/assist in helping with re-mounting my side mirror on my car?

Can someone teach/assist in helping with re-mounting my side mirror on my car? I bumped it off while at a drive thru today.
Message_1532463618211|364x486

I’m currently at the space if you can held me fix.

1 Like

Can you share a photo of what your mirror looks like?

2 Likes

Year make and model of the car?

Side mirrors are usually as simple as popping a trim piece and a few bolts or nuts. Unless there is damage to the door.

1 Like

Photo of where it tore off outside from door very helpful.

2 Likes

Without seeing the opposite site, it may seem that the tabs where the screw go into the mirror may have snapped off.
Haven’t tried epoxy on that kind of plastic but trying won’t usually hurt.
You more likely can get away with only replacing the housing and transferring the mirror over

2 Likes

Ford Focus 2011. I’m also including a photo of the outside to the thread.

3 Likes

20180724_184940

Attached the photo of the outside damage.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like it ripped any melt which good. Do we have any white duct tape?

1 Like

I ummm… on the trail knocked my mirror off. The plastic broke and the only thing holding it on was the wire. I ended up using wood screws and it’s held for a year :smiley:

2 Likes

Not sure honestly. But whatever screws, glue, etc. that we need to fix it i can go grab at the store if need be.

1 Like

If you can find Allen in automotive tonight and allow him to discover that there’s a vehicle in the parking lot which needs to be made street legal asap, the problem may well resolve itself promptly by whatever resourceful solution it takes to get it done.

2 Likes

Allen is: Grey shirt tucked in, blue jeans no belt, white shoes

5 Likes

If you want to flush Allen out just talk loudly pointing around the room: “Food? Food?” If you hear someone asking that, it may be Allen. :wink:

Great guy, loves to work on cars.

4 Likes

Hope he’s wandering around this evening then.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s broken off at these points.
A temporary fix would be duct tape around the perimeter.
No idea if you can put screw into it from the outside of the outer half going in just enough to dig into the inner half as @LukeStrickland did. The black triangle on the door looks like it’s the rubber weather seal.

Can’t tell much more from the photo/s.

1 Like

If Allen has not been there yet I will be there in a bit and can help.

JJ helped me tape the mirror on as a temporary fix. I will be back either tomorrow or Thursday to try and unplug it from the vehicle since I won’t get the replacement in until next week. The tape is currently keeping me from rolling the window up all the way up and is not ideal for rain/this 105 degree weather we’re having.

If anyone is interested in helping me with the unplugging part in a day or 2 or the replacement part feel free to PM me on here or message me on Discord at KatDell#7989

2 Likes

PC-7 kicks butt for plastics.

https://www.pcepoxy.com/products/permanent-repair/pc-7-paste-epoxy/

2 Likes