Can new member bypass woodworking basics?

Hi guys,
I have been making and refurbishing furniture for over 10 years now and am curious to know if there is a way to bypass the woodworking basics certification. If not, can another class be opened up?

Tagging @Team_Woodshop for reference.

1 Like

I’m not a woodshop guy, but I’ve been around the space long enough to answer.

no, the training required classes are more about the idiosyncrasies of how the space uses the tools and equipment. like “you have to pay for XYZ” or “don’t use certain types of wood on our tools”

one of the woodshop guys should be able to do a 1 on 1 with you to give you that information, and probably will want to see some of your proficiency on the tools.

5 Likes

I offer one on one training for wood shop. If you have that much experience should only take a hour or so. Msg me.

2 Likes

I would like to get training on the woodshop equipment if you’d be willing to train me as well.

I added a couple of Basic classes for end of Jan. Can you make one of those? Sat am.

I don’t see anything after the 15th

It takes 72 hours to post and I don’t remember when I posted it. It has to be approved and if there are any objections…

My question to you, can you make one of those classes?

Sorry, I wasn’t aware of the 72 hour thing. I’m signed up for the 22nd. Thank you!