Can I take the Dynatorch class?

I want to be ready to sign up for the next Dynatorch class as a refresher but have not taken the new Hot Process Safety Class. Am I grandfathered in having the following credits and taught the old PlasmaCam class 20 times? I will take the safety class when I can but want to be ready for the Dynatorch class if it comes up first. The safety class this evening is showing full.

Metal Shop Dynatorch CNC
Metal Shop CNC Plasma Cutter
Welding MIG Basics
Welding Safety

@Team_Metal_Shop @dryad2b

2 Likes

Brady,
I hope things are well for you. I remember giving you the train the trainers on the Dynatorch if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Tim, You are correct. After that my back was bugging me more so I never taught or even used the Dynatorch. I want to come up to speed on usage but will leave training to others.

I’m retired and did Arduino training (sitting down) to cover dues but dropped out last summer. You will be seeing more of me again as things are opening up.

EDIT: Before someone jumps on it, I must clarify. Tim’s class did not cause pain in the back end. It was an excellent class taught by a real pro!

so the old classes had the safety built in; the hot process doesn’t have much new.

The reason it was split back out was it allows a common class before the dynatorch and welding, in addition to allowing our hands-on instructors to spend more time focusing on that stuff since the safety is now a common class between everything.

2 Likes

I checked. You’re already in the database for Welding Safety, so you should be good to go for the next Dynatorch class.

You might need your own Shade 5 Z87 safety glasses, though. I don’t think we’ve brought the safety glasses back out since we put all that away due to touch-safety concerns.

2 Likes

Beth, Thanks very much! Also, the reminder on glasses is great. I have a pair but occasionally would forget them and grab a pair from the welding area. It will be wonderful when we move through this pandemic and can dump the masks and wear glasses that someone else had worn!

2 Likes