Can I observe a ceramics class in progress?

Im considering teaching ceramics at Maker Space would it be possible for me to observe and/or assist a class in progress to familiarize myself with the enviroment and people.
I have experience teaching ceramics (handbuilding/throwing), firing kilns, raku, glazing ect.
Rebecca Pocai

8 Likes

@cmcooper0 and 20 characters

Some of the committees have outlines and such made up, I believe shadowing is a requirement for most teachers. Definitely take a class or two, at least for me it’s eased my anxiety on possibly teaching lathe classes years from now lol

It was great to meet you last night! I just sent a reply to your email with a glut of information, please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions!

As to observing someone’s class, I would ask that you just shoot them a note to ask if that is okay with them and if they can accommodate you. You can see the instructor name in the calendar entry and then do a search on Talk. If you don’t get a match, just shoot me a note and I can hook you up. I think the only person with a class up at the moment is @dryad2b (Beth). I need someone to beat me with a stick to schedule a slump and hump mold class. I’m the worst procrastinator.

2 Likes

Awsome! I will have a look and see what Beth is teaching the next few weeks and see about shadowing.