Can i bring my own tool box

I need to work on a sign I’m making. I would like to work on it at Makerspace. Am I allowed to bring a rolling toolbox? I have my own tools that I work with and want to make sure I’m equipped to finish this project without having to doodle around (is that a phrase?) and try to find the right tools for the job.

I really just want to work there because I have no space in my apartment to work.

Please advise. Thanks.

P.S Not a member now, but I will sign up again.

2 Likes

You can’t leave it, but you can bring it with you if that makes sense.

I regularly bring tools I know DMS doesn’t have and so do others.

4 Likes

Ok, thank you. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Anything you do leave behind may be subject to abuse.

6 Likes

I regularly roll in with a tool bag, just also roll back out with it at the end of the night.

I find it a good idea to have my own router bits, spare saw blades, sandpaper, etc. I’ve even
purchased my own pin nailer gun since the membership seems to trash the space ones…

5 Likes

Sometimes I’ll bring consumables or other tools, and leave them at the Space, as an experiment just to see how long they will survive.

The Dynatorch consumable experiment went pretty well. The drill bit experiment, not so much. I even had an entire box of 3D filament just go completely off the grid–poof!

1 Like

That sounds directly related to the number of members qualified on those pieces of equipment.:grin:

Or more likely, incorporation into another work.

What color and where did you leave it?

1 Like

It wasn’t the 2 rolls of Black ABS that were left in Electronics. This 1 roll of Black ABS was on the Science shelf next to other other Fusor build materials. Maybe I’ll go look around for it again.

There were 2.
Last time I was in there was only 1

I can attest to this. My Canadian Welding helmet is absolutely destroyed. It looks like someone drop kicked it down a concrete hallway lined with barbwire.

It may be just that it had a Canadian maple flag on it. That is also why I probably got it so cheap. No offense to the Canadians out there. EHHH

1 Like