Can anyone recommend a good tree service?

I’m in south Carrollton and I need to have one tree trimmed back and another cut down. The work will be on or near the property line in both cases so I have to insist on whoever does it being insured. Contractors who have quoted for me in the past have either failed to provide proof of insurance and backed out of the job or quoted extremely high. I’m trying to find someone insured who isn’t trying to get $1000+/hr for the job, which is roughly what most have been trying to get so far - at least the ones who seem like they would actually show up.

So does anyone have a recommendation for a tree service they’ve used in the past that would fit that description?

Thanks.

I used a company called one two tree (I know cute right). They trimmed up two large trees, bushes and two crepes when I bought my house. Tons of overgrowth that just needed to be managed and cut back. It was under $500 which was a steal from what I understand. It wasn’t a huge job for them but I give them a solid thumbs up from me.

1 Like

Was it in the winter? I think time of year helps also.

Golden Tree in Lewisville. They give you a certain quantity of free mulch if you need/want them depending on what you have them do for you.

What kind of tree and what size are you having removed? I know of a good company that does urban lumber harvest, they will cut it down and remove it, could knock out half your issue and I think they are very reasonable on cost.

It was fall - I’m not sure the best times to actually do major trimming of trees but that’s when I couldn’t stand the tree resting on my roof - Now I have this oddly asymmetrical thing going…oh it never ends does it?

1 Like

One is a hackberry. I want to have it totally removed. I’ve been told stump grinding on it is either a pain or not possible, but I don’t care as long as it’s taken down pretty low to the ground. No one is really going to see it where it is anyway.

The other is an ash that originally had 5 trunks (from originally being one tree that was cut down and then grew back from the stump) but now really only has 4 of any significance. I’ve only been asking contractors to trim back branches on 2 of the trunks. But if someone came in with a good quote I would probably negotiate up to having all but the last trunk removed. The last trunk is in poor health but I want to leave it for now for wildlife.

I could see someone wanting parts of the ash for lumber but cutting it back is likely to be a pain. I have doubts about the desirability of the hackberry for lumber.

Thanks. I’ll call One Two Tree to ask for a quote in a few weeks. I have a feeling the surge in work from the storm is going to make getting good quotes more difficult.

Thanks. I’ll call Golden Tree for a quote once I think the work surge from the storm has subsided.

1 Like

Stay far from brothers tree service. Super duper expensive.

Service called “Klime Time” trimmed our oaks last year. They don’t seem to have a website…