Calendar Error Trying to Register

I noticed a new Woodshop basics class scheduled for Sept 13. I’d like to attend this class, but when I attempt to register, which requires login, I get this error message below.

Can you or someone manually register me for this event?

Thanks,

Skip

Skip Hill | Home | 972 924 3737 | Office 972 924 3763 | Mobile 214 551 3645

1 Like

This is getting frustrating. Went to the intro/tour session and got really excited about joining at getting to work. Need to take the wood working basics class. Can’t get anyone on the phone. Tried to register for the Sept 8 class, didn’t work. Trying to register for the Sept 15 class, doesn’t work, I just get an error message, reported previously and below. Yet somebody is getting registered. It was 4 of 5 spots open when I started, down to 2.

Please, is anybody home out there? Is there any other way to get anybody to respond? Call, email, whatever, anything? Does anybody actually look at these emails?

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Skip

Are you trying to register on your phone? Or on a computer?

Also, I’d recommend looking for the Green Dot category so that Talk knows you’re a member.

@Team_Infrastructure any ideas on logging into the calendar?

@SkipHill - not related to the Calendar, but you might want to request your “green dot” - it opens up the “Members Only” portion of the forum. Just make the request in the “Member Access (Green Dot)” category.

Other member benefits can be found here: Just did my first visit to DMS - #3 by TSki

re: green dot, no “SkipHill” found in members roster; cursory glance @ WHMCS doesn’t find any members with names like “skip hill”.

I know we have had some growing pains with the calendar system, and Team_Infra is actively working on it generically; to get help for this specific individual may require specifics about this experience, and the ticketing system is friendlier way to pass personal details.

So I’ll suggest @SkipHill mail accounts at dallasmakerspace dot org where we’ll ask for some details (though some may be furnished by the ticketing system if it’s able to match up the inbound email with a member account) such as username, screenshot of the actual web site URL and filled in username field, along with another screenshot of the actual error message (this may be what has already been posted).

Meanwhile, I’ll suggest reaching out to the instructor. Mention the difficulties getting signed up, and ask if you can attend despite this setback. Often they will say yes, but we do have to respect their decision as they are responsible for maintaining an attendee count and classroom environment for the safety and comfort of all.

1 Like

I appreciate the explanation, and already acted on your suggestion. Tom welcomed me to show up for the next class. I’ll get the join thing done and do that.

Thanks for your help.

Skip

Just to follow up on @jast’s comment…many of our classes are only available to members, Woodshop Basics being one of them. You are a member…correct?

Not quite yet. I was waiting to figure out when I could take the class. I’ll join before that.

This is most likely “the problem”, given that Woodshop Basics is typically “Members Only”:

It would be nice to have a more meaningful error, if that’s all the cause… Will bring up in infra-talks